Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thing 6

E McElman_071026_2450_N g-spo A29 G letter E d

Well, that took entirely too long. This was the first Thing I actually had to get help with, because I couldn't figure out exactly how to get the html of the mashup into my blog. Not to mention that I had several perfect versions of this mashup you see here (I'm very happy, by the way) and lost them.... I thought if I saved one of them to my favorites, I would be able to go back to it, plus I refreshed the whole page once because one of the letters stopped loading...and lost everything again. This version isn't bad, though. Contrary to what the instructions for Thing 6 said, I did not see any instructions about how to copy the html to my blog on the website I used (Spell with Flickr).

I can't think of how necessary or useful this would be for a library (though it is fun) other than to jazz up its own website, or, of course, assist patrons who are having a bit of fun on the internet. As for photo sharing, like I said on my post for Thing 5, I'm a little wary about some of it, though it can be rewarding to receive comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment