Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thing 4

Well, I never thought I would know what an RSS is, let alone use one, but now I have. I do find it an interesting concept and like the fact that I have the ability to add blogs and websites of interest to my own little page... I suppose it's like having your "favorites" there to log into from any computer, though more time-saving. I tried going to certain blogs I knew I was going to add to my RSS and clicking on what looked like their "subscribe" links, but this only worked with one, which presented me with a page of html, so I copied that URL into my green "subscribe" box in Google Reader. With the others, I simply copied their URL into the same box, and everything seemed to work. If I were a librarian, I can see how having an RSS with continual technology updates at my fingertips would be useful and could save time from web-browsing to help patrons. If I do happen to come across blogs of interest to me in the future, I will consider adding them to my RSS, however, I haven't been an avid blog-reader or internet buff thus far, so I may not use this feature all that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment