Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thing 2

I will find time for the 23 Things when I have nothing left to shelve...alas, it seems that is all I am ever able to do... I almost feel like I'm being bad by sitting in front of a computer blogging instead of fulfilling routine page duties. It is a welcome relief, though. I am participating in the 23 Things, quite honestly, because it's something I can do while on the job besides shelving. I still hope to get something out of it, even if I won't necessarily be the go-to person for patron inquiries (I have been the defacto walking-answer-book on a few occasions when pushing carts near the patron computers). It would be nice to find a web tool of use to me. The internet has at times been a welcome means of researching papers for school, while at the same time a distraction from those very papers. It's not something I've ever really benefited from in the work realm, but in its usefulness in tools such as email and bill-pay, it's definitely a time saver. I'm also partial to online library catalogs. The Web 2.0 tools that I know I have a familiarity with are Facebook and Myspace. I'm looking forward to being able to utilize other tools I suppose I ought to know about by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment