Friday, January 23, 2009

Thing 1

I have reluctantly created a Blogger account... the reluctance being in using Blogger itself, not creating the blog. I wanted to use Wordpress, but that was going nowhere for reasons unbeknownst to me. Maybe my password wasn't "excellent" enough. Anyway, they didn't want me, so I am now on Blogger.

I've been hearing about blogs for a while now, but never envisioned myself creating one...okay, perhaps I thought about creating a Live Journal account or something along those lines when I was younger and just getting into the IM, etc. craze. That didn't last very long, though. I followed a few blogs back then, and have looked for at least one since, by the author of Julie and Julia (about a woman who cooks at least one recipe from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking every night for a year-great read).

I suppose it is interesting to think that someone I've never met in cyberspace could read a blog post of mine and find my thoughts interesting. We'll see if that happens with this blog. A senior colleague has vowed that he will ask for my help if he has problems with any of these 23 things, though I am afraid I will be experiencing a lot of new tools the internet has to offer myself, aside from a few things such as Facebook and Myspace.

Technology does scare me a little... sometimes I almost feel an aversion to it and fantasize about escaping to the proverbial cabin in the hills of West Virginia with no running water or electricity. Technically, however, I would still be employing some form of technology, so it's really an unsatisfactory term. The way everything's becoming more and more "futuristic," I suppose, is what I mean. I will try my best though.

1 comment: